Project:Yew Tree Lane
Objective:A premium 3 bed house development in Northamptonshire village
The Challenge:• Discovered several historic wells which required redesign of foundations
• Cantankerous neighbours!
The Solution:• AMJ instructed structural engineer for re-design of foundations
• AMJ worked closely with neighbours with effective communication of full programme and all sub-contractors to be deliver over and above “Considerate Contractors Scheme”
Value Added:AMJ re-designed the roof structures – changed from cut to truss which removed steel required for the design thus leading to significant saving for the client
Project:Oliver House - Northampton
Client:AJ Mackaness Ltd
Objective:An Intermediate Build Contract with Contractors Design to construct an 8-bedroom house of multiple occupation in the centre of Northampton
The Challenge:• Limited site space in central town location
• Very poor ground conditions required redesign of foundations
• Discovery of 6-inch water main running through site - unknown to water authority, client and architect.
The Solution:• AMJ worked closely with the architect and client team creating a bespoke team and a detailed plan encompassing sequencing, communication and close management of all activities on site to ensure a high-quality result.
• AMJ engaged a structural engineer and directed the re-design of foundations to overcome ground conditions for a successful build.
• AMJ liaised with Anglia Water and managed the full decommissioning and removal of the pipe plus remedial groundworks.
"Thank you very much to you and your team for a job well done. Despite the issues and weather, you managed to complete the building on time and on budget. I am pleased to tell you that 10 days after you handed the building to us we have started letting it and the first tenants have moved in"
James Mackaness, A J Mackaness
Yew Tree Lane